Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Library Progress and Books Read in March

Things are moving along in my library.  I've shelved pretty much everything except my gardening and nature books.  I have three completely empty shelves and two partially empty shelves.  I have nine boxes of books that I'd like to keep in the library.  What do you think?  Close, right?




Will they?  Won't they?  

As for what I've been reading, I've done better this past month than I have in months.  I finished eight books.  Still not my average, but better than the paltry four I finished in February.  In March, I finished:

The Bookseller  -  Mark Pryor

Chasing Cezanne  -  Peter Mayle

Le Road Trip  -  Vivian Swift

McNally's Trial  -  Lawrence Sanders

Sulfer Springs  -  William Kent Krueger

Something Light  -  Margery Sharp

Death and Letters  -  Elizabeth Daly

Before We Were Yours  -  Lisa Wingate

So what if they were mostly mysteries?  I like mysteries.  Shelving my books makes me want to lock myself in, with no distractions, to lose myself in more substantial books.  Maybe one day soon.

4 comments:

  1. It's looking great, I hope you do manage to find space for all the books. Does that room have a good view of your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If all goes according to plan, today will tell whether or not all my books will share the same room.
      The room is a corner room on the east and south sides of the house. Lots of south facing windows and one east facing. Non face the gardens, but the do face tall trees at the end of the yard. I think I'll feel I'm in a tree house!

      Delete
  2. That is a nice month's reading. I have read nearly all of the Elizabeth Daly books, but it has been a while I need to pull out one I haven't read soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of mystery series (Louise Penny's and Phoebe Atwood Taylor's Asey Mayo) that I like to reread occasionally, too. It's nice to have books you can depend on.

      Delete