Monday, September 11, 2017

August Books

This is my list of books I finished reading in August.  I always imagine myself lying in a hammock under a shady tree, but I don't think I've ever done that.  I used to read outdoors when I was a kid, but now I'm too easily distracted.  I do most of my reading sitting / lying on the sofa.  This summer I did a lot of that with the air conditioning on.  I hate the heat, so I managed to only go out when it was absolutely necessary.

The Longer Bodies  -  Gladys Mitchell

Adventures of a Vegan Vampire  -  Cate Lawley

The Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk  -  Carolyn Keene

My Brother Michael  - Mary Stewart

The Monster of Grammont  -  George Goodchild

My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business  -  Dick Van Dyke

The Empty House  -  Michael Gilbert

X  -  Sue Grafton

Masquerade  -  Walter Satterthwait

The Redeemer  -  Jo Nesbo

Again, heavy on the mysteries.  I have a few non-mysteries in the works, but I have to admit that mysteries are just so easy to read and so satisfying.  I discovered a few new authors this month and hope to read more of their books.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely reading month. I just read a Michael Gilbert book, his first one, Close Quarters, and I look forward to reading more of them.

    How did you like the Walter Satterthwait book? I read one that I liked a lot but it was a different series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like this Satterthwait book as much as I did the Joshua Croft series, which may be the series you're referring to. I loved those books and wish he'd write more of them.

      Delete